Let's briefly discuss beauty products! How does this have anything to do with fitness? You ask. Well, here goes... Some people spend close to and above $3,500 per year! That's right- blow outs, hair coloring, hair cuts, products, nails, etc.
Now that I've prefaced this with my previous paragraph, I say of course it's great to look your best. However, I now pose this question. While your hair looks great, how much do you weigh? What is your cholesterol level and tell me about that dress or swimsuit you just can't seem to fit into, anymore? In comparison, your nails are precise but you're exhausted by mid-day and/or can't sleep at night! Similarly, your make-up looks exquisite, but you're anxious most days and even depressed.
Are you getting the picture? I hope so...You see, Exercise is really a necessity and not simply an amenity! I don't profess to be a make-up artist nor hair stylist, but I do know the benefits of regular exercise and being fit. By the way, both of which can help you look your VERY best inside and out! When you get that haircut, etc you may just fit into that bikini or party dress, in addition!
So let's now look at the benefits of regular exercise and being fit, shall we?
Regular exercise has been reported to:
1. Increase muscular strength and endurance- Let's allow this to translate into everyday life; Aka. housework, grocery shopping yard work, chores!
2. Increase energy levels by delivering oxygen and nutrients to working muscles, tissues and organs. Yes this includes you brain!
3. May increase cognition. Yes, your brain again! Regular exercise may increase levels of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor which allows for better neural connections within the brain. Who doesn't want better brain function? Where did I put my keys?
4. Control weight. Especially when combined with the correct caloric and macronutrient balance.
5. May increase Heart Health by increasing High Density Lipoproteins "Good Cholesterol" and decreases "Unhealthy Triglycerides."
6. Increase positive mood by stimulating the secretion of certain hormones and neurotransmitters, responsible for those "Good Feelings!"
7. Improve Self-Esteem. When you look good, you feel good!
8. Promote better sleep by decreasing arousal, anxiety levels and depressive symptoms that may impede sleep.
9. Improve Sex-Life by initiating the release of endorphins and sex hormones
10. Improve Social Health, through gaining a new sense of self confidence-thereby, potentially wishing to meet new people and/or exercise along with them!
11. Improve the effectiveness of insulin levels, by allowing your cells to utilize glucose, more effectively.
There you have it! Exercise and Fitness- Offer a host of healthful and aesthetic benefits that may even make you look more beautiful both "Inside and Outside!" So spend your money wisely and remember a good Personal Trainer isn't expensive he/she is priceless!